Valuing 86,400 Seconds
86,400 seconds is the number of seconds you receive every single day because of God’s Grace. It is His gift to you and you must begin today to increase your respect and use of each second. Each second is UNREPEATABLE…You cannot get it back…it’s gone!
Do you use your time productively? – do you waste it? – Do you spend any of it BEING silent – Do you even stop to realize just where you are at any given point in time?
Carl Sandburg wrote, “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.”
In order to value the 86,400 seconds, you receive DAILY, you must LIVE in them. You must Be present in them. You must open your Spiritual eyes and ears in order to raise your consciousness above the mundane occurrences happening all around you. In other words, situations come and go…DAILY!
You cannot reach back to get the time you wasted by trying to fix something that now is in the past.
Living in time and being present in time allows you to truly experience time. You live and experience the different seasons, you live in the rain and the sun and the snow and shorter days, blue skies, cloudy skies, and various smells that come with the seasons.
LIVE in the 86,400 seconds rather than complain about them. You watch children grow, you watch yourself grow – you experience new and different, and you evolve based on how you spend your 86,400 seconds.
Respond to the following 5 questions in your journal. Take time to really reflect on your answers. What answer surprises you the most?
1. What do you spend the majority of your day doing?
2. In what ways do your choices represent how you want to live your day?
3. How do you regularly make time to do those things that are truly important to you?
4. If money were not an issue, what would you spend your daily 86,400 seconds doing?
5. How would you live your life if you were told you only had 6 months to live?
Someone once said, “If you continue to do what you’ve always done, you will continue to get what you’ve always gotten.”
It is now TIME – to use your 86,400 seconds to make decisions and plan how to do things differently. So, I suggest you create a vision board – and here’s how:
1. Spend 3-5 minutes writing down everything you still want to do in your life – don’t waste time thinking why you shouldn’t want it…just write.
2. Spend a few days modifying the list by adding to it, taking from it, consolidating, and praying over it.
3. Find pictures that represent each of the items on your list and paste them on the inside of a manila folder. The label of that folder should read MY VISION BOARD.
4. Put dates next to each item as to when you will begin working on the item and approximately the time you will accomplish your goal. This Vision Board may encompass a few years.
5. Finally, study your board and embrace it. It is the roadmap to spending your daily 86,400 days as God created you to live.
Alan Chapman wrote “The key to successful time management is planning and then protecting the planned time. This involves conditioning or re-conditioning your environment rather than allowing your environment to condition you.”
It’s your time and your decision whether to use your time–to its fullest or–waste it. You have no idea how much more time you will Be gifted, so I encourage you to begin today to live your 86,400 seconds.
Rita’s Recommended Action Steps:
1. Think about where you spend the majority of your 86,400 coins on a daily basis.
2. Today, hold on to some of your coins that you typically allow others to spend
3. Be fully present and aware, by identifying one thing daily, that you’ve never really paid attention before
4. Begin to collect pictures for your vision board
5. Today is the first day of the rest of your life…Spend it wisely
I am Rita…speaking to your Spirit
Save the Date
Take time to regroup before the fall activities move into full swing and lead you right into the holidays. REGISTER TODAY!
Looking for a group of women who share wisdom, knowledge, and experience?
Leadership in Life is a 6 month Mastermind session, created to give you time to delve deeper and gain clarity!